What does Freedom as a Service mean for Enterprise Management?
ARIS is about having the freedom to pull together – from strategy to everyone – in order to reach your goals.
At Software AG, we define freedom in terms of our customers. So what does “Freedom as a Service”’ mean for ARIS customers?
They are currently facing a series of challenges; not only technological change and digitalization but we also see companies confronted with an increasing number of other issues such as regulation. Also, the increasing transparency of prices and products gives customers a power that was unthinkable years ago.
Plus, the shift in global power relations – and China’s strong role – puts global companies under considerable cost and innovation pressure. Change is no longer something that takes place every eight or ten years, change is the “new normal.”
In nearly all industries, companies don’t have the freedom to decide if they want to transform or not in order to survive – but they do have the freedom (and task) to decide how their future business model should look.
An enterprise management system (EMS) based on ARIS ensures that all parts of a company can work together, with a united force to reach the desired vision. “Pulling together” (in the right direction with high efficiency) is central to the success of a company.
“Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things,” as management guru Peter Drucker said.
ARIS is the platform that gives our customers the flexibility to address all challenges the right way – in the context of business transformation and operational excellence. It is up to the customers to select the suitable capabilities to support their current initiatives and most important use cases – from strategy definition to the involvement of all employees:
Business Transformation – Doing the Right Things
- Analyze and develop your business model: Understand what makes your company successful and gives you a competitive edge
- Understand the journeys of your customers and their moments of truth
- Optimize your business ecosystem – how to distribute parts of the value chain to partners and suppliers
- Know your operational risks and the (legal) regulations in the context of quality, security, environmental protection, etc.
Operational Excellence – Doing Things Right
- Provide the relevant KPIs to all management levels
- Provide cause-and-effect analyses to derive optimization measures based on your quality, cost, throughput time objectives
- Use what-if and simulation capabilities to play through various scenarios and put your insights into practice
- Establish continuous monitoring and measurement of leading indicators, process structures and customer journeys to enable a continuous optimization lifecycle
- Use your process definitions and optimizations as business requirements and blueprints for the IT architecture and implementation
- Define the suitable applications for end-to-end process automation in combination with selected technologies for task automation
- Provide role-specific information (work instructions, policies, emergency and business continuity plans) to all employees to make sure that all relevant information is available and understood by everyone.
And part of this “making change happen” approach is to provide you with the freedom to choose your preferred software deployment model, with subscription models that offer flexible payment.
ARIS is about having the freedom to pull together – from strategy to everyone – in order to reach your goals. You can learn more about ARIS by clicking below.